The Stanway School
Pay Range: TBC on appointment. (Unqualified Teacher Scale if without QTS, or Main Scale if with QTS.)
Start Date: Flexible April/May/September 2021 - for two terms.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to work in school or remotely, if required, with small groups and/or individuals to raise attainment and reduce gaps in knowledge. This will involve exploring GCSE style questions with KS4 students and developing key literacy skills with KS3 students
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● To plan high quality sessions to develop key knowledge and skills at both KS3 and KS4. These may be delivered in person or virtually.
● To liaise with classroom teachers and the Senior Progress Leader for English to identify focus areas for intervention. To provide objective and accurate feedback/reports to teachers.
● To have a secure knowledge of the English curriculum and AQA GCSE English Literature and Language syllabus.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• Secure subject knowledge in English to deliver sessions both at KS3 and KS4.
● Understanding that a range of factors can impact on student achievement and commitment to personalising learning for pupils.
● Can use ICT effectively to support learning and deliver sessions virtually if necessary.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Stanway School
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 8th March 2021.
Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 9th March 2021.
Interviewing will take place on TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Stanway School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Every student matters at The Stanway School. To be part of our staff community is to accept challenge as a daily experience, promote kindness as an integral part of developing young people’s personalities and to celebrate success for all. These form ...