The London Academy of Excellence intends to appoint an Enrichment and Community Co-ordinator to begin towards the end of August 2021.
The Enrichment and Community Co-ordinator will work closely with our Heads of Year and Assistant Heads, within our existing pastoral structure. They will also work closely with the Careers Team. Their core work will be to drive forward the design of enrichment and community related projects and also the safety of all related events.
In fulfilling this role, the successful candidate will model the values of the school in being academically ambitious, committed to endeavour, having a strong sense of community and being consistently reflective.
The role is advertised as a full-time post (term-time plus two weeks) but consideration will be given to applications on a part-time (0.8) basis.
Key responsibilities of the role
To lead on the design of the school’s co-curricular activities which includes community projects, clubs and sports.
To ensure excellent student engagement with all enrichment programmes.
To ensure all students engage with the local community during their time at LAET and be responsible for excellent relationships to achieve the aims of LAE Tottenham.
Health & Safety
To fulfil all health & safety duties to ensure the smooth and safe running of all extracurricular opportunities, including trips across the school.
Specific tasks to achieve the above
Co-curricular and community programme development
● Work with relevant stakeholders to take opportunities to broaden our co-curricular offer, including the drafting of bids for funding which may enable us to extend the activities on offer.
● Maintain and establish excellent relationships with local community partners to achieve the aims of LAE Tottenham.
● Organise a Duke of Edinburgh programme and work with all relevant stakeholders to implement this.
● Organise a music, drama and dance programme, fully engaging all stakeholders on this.
● Ensure Sixth Formers have every opportunity to reflect on their learning from all co-curricular experiences.
● Lead on organising an after-school sports programme for students, working with the Deputy Head of Year 12 (DHoY) to implement this effectively.
● To continually assess and review the Co-Curricular offer to ensure that it meets its aims and develop recommendations for the Assistant Head (Pastoral) and other members of the Senior Team.
Delivery of the co-curricular and community programmes
● Work alongside the DHoY to organise and implement a weekly co-curricular programme, working with all stakeholders including teachers and Sixth Formers.
● Keep track of all enrichment activities which take place at LAET.
● Lead on Health & Safety Aspects of all trips and enrichment activities, ensuring appropriate risk assessments are in place.
● Act as the named trips coordinator.
● Supervise community projects in person and virtually as appropriate.
● Ensure the relevant safeguarding checks are in place for any external members of staff working with students.
● To contribute to the delivery of the school PSHE program where appropriate.
Study space supervision and alumni engagement
● Supervise study spaces, including the library, maintaining the high expectations necessary to sustain an academic environment.
● Follow the school’s systems for following up on instances of lateness, absence and truancy.
● Work closely with the appropriate members of staff to ensure high levels of LAET alumni engagement.
The school’s governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to equality and proactively seek to recruit a diverse staff body.
London Academy of Excellence Tottenham (LAET)
- with state - free school funding
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years