Primary/Elementary School ESL Teacher Needed in Wuxi
To provide an inspiring instructional program that encourages all pupils to realize high academic and behavioral standards and develop their academic potential.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests pupils.
- Prepare and deliver well-planned lessons and show written evidence of preparation.
- Apply best practices in teaching and classroom management.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, assessments and assignments.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Maintain a productive classroom environment by establishing standards of pupil behavior and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Evaluate each pupil’s progress and development and maintain accurate and complete records.
- Participate in school’s professional development and parent meetings.
- Exemplify BBA’s core values in all interactions with pupils, families, and colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for subject matter.
- Excellent English verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Creative, flexible and innovative team player.
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
- A competitive salary.
- Paid 7-8 national holidays.
- Paid summer and winter breaks.
- Free furnished apartment (utilities included).
- Free health insurance.
- Paid airfare (one round trip or two one-ways) between home country and China.
- Work visa support.
The school is located in Wuxi, a city in the south of Jiangsu Province, about 128 km/80 miles west of Shanghai. With a population of 4.5 million Wuxi is a tourist destination on the bank of the scenic Lake Tai and along the Grand Canal. As one of the birthplaces of China’s modern commerce and industry Wuxi is historically famous for its textile manufacturing. In recent decades Wuxi has emerged as a hub of new industries including solar technology, biotech and software development.
Please go to www.bigbridgeacademy.org (or www.daqiao.org.cn/List.asp?ID=184) for more information about the school.
An interested applicant should send a resume and other information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
About Big Bridge Academy
Founded in 1993, Big Bridge Academy is a fully accredited, non-profit, coeducational independent school educating approximately 2,300 students of Grades 1 to 12. The academic goal of the school is to provide selected students a specialized education that emphasizes on the acquisition of knowledge and the development of abilities. In recent years, 100% of its students graduate to four-year colleges and universities in China and abroad with many of them ending up in the nation’s top schools such as Tsinghua, Peking, Fudan, Nanjing, etc., and oversea universities such as Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Cambridge, and Oxford, among others, The school is located in Wuxi, Jiangsu Province, a city by the side of scenic Lake Tai with a population of 4.5 million. A big city 128 km/80 miles west of Shanghai, Wuxi can be easily accessed through air, by rail, or from the major highways passing through the city.