Position: Essential Maths Teacher
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Full Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
Incentives: ITAS Allowance
Closing Date: Sunday, 19 September 2021 unless filled prior
St Teresa's College, Abergowrie is a Catholic secondary boy's boarding college. Located in an ideal rural setting in the heart of the Herbert River Valley, the college is approximately 30 km north west of Ingham and situated on Warrgamay land. The main industries are sugarcane, forestry, and cattle. Abergowrie is close to Wallaman Falls which is the highest single drop waterfall in Australia and the beautiful Broadwater National Park.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
St Teresa's College, Abergowrie is seeking an experienced and dedicated Essential Maths Teacher. This role is a Full Time, Permanent position commencing Term 1, 2022. The successful applicant will also be required to teach other subjects in the Middle School - any combination of English, Science, Maths or Humanities subjects will be considered.
Applicants that have experience in Boys' Education, boarding school environments or working in a rural/remote area are highly desirable.
- To have knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- To be able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- To have an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate, and provide for, a diverse range of abilities
- To have the ability to collaborate and work positively as a part of a professional learning community
- To have a willingness to change and develop instructional strategies to increase student growth and achievement
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: $75,470 - $108,695 per annum pending experience
- ITAS Allowance
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes, professional learning programs and Early Career Teacher Support
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Firm lifelong teacher networks
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested in hearing from you.
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 19 September 2021 unless filled prior.
To find out more about the Region visit:
View other vacancies here
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education