The Laurus Trust is a highly successful and growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England, with Cheadle Hulme High School (CHHS), the founder school, at its centre. Our vision is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey, 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
Due to continued growth and success, Cheadle Hulme High School is looking to appoint a pro-active and dedicated Estates & Facilities Assistant. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Laurus Trust family, and to play a vital role in maintaining the high standards of the Trust. Support staff work tirelessly to ensure all services run smoothly and efficiently, enabling our teaching staff to focus on delivering an outstanding education for our students.
- To be responsible for the security and maintenance of the premises as well its contents.
- To maintain and enhance the high quality of the school, buildings, grounds and environment.
- To undertake maintenance / repair work as directed.
- Lock and unlock the premises and ensure the security and safety of the site including at weekends if necessary.
- Support the facilitation of the premises with evening and weekend functions.
- Help to organise and manage attendee parking on site during large events.
- Share duties to ensure the site is staffed at all times including holidays and sickness between 6.30am and 7.00pm.
- Assist in the setting up of rooms for examinations, lettings, school events and ensuring classrooms are set up correctly for school use after such events.
- Undertake cleaning duties to ensure that the schools’ premises are always clean and tidy.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety Guidance is adhered to at all times.
- Assist with regular checks of the fire alarm system, escape routes, fire extinguishers, and emergency lighting as directed, ensuring accurate records are kept.
- Be responsible for monitoring stock levels of consumable items and for passing requisitions to the Estates and Facilities Coordinator.
Key Skills & Experience
- Basic cleaning and DIY skills are essential
- Manual handling is essential to the role, so an ability to lift heavy items and be comfortable working at height e.g. climbing a ladder is required
- Candidates must have a full driving licence and possess their own vehicle
- Sound educational background including GCSE’s in Maths and English (A*-C) or equivalent. Possessing a trade qualification would be beneficial
- Experience working in a school environment would be advantageous
We offer a wide range of employee benefits to all of our staff in return for their commitment to our schools, and to help contribute towards improving their well-being. These include:
- A Health and Wellbeing strategy including targeted Health Promotion Initiatives, Wellbeing App and a commitment to have a trained Mental Health First Aider in every school
- A proactive approach to flexible working – we are a family friendly organisation
- Subsidised nursey in Cheadle Hulme
- Children of Staff have priority in the admissions oversubscription process (subject to availability)
- Pension scheme with excellent employer contributions
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Staff development programme and investment in professional qualifications
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Free Flu jabs
At the Laurus Trust, it is not just about what we do but also about how we do it. Our core behaviours detailed below provide guidance on the expectations we have of our staff. It is essential that any employee joining the Trust is able to demonstrate some or all of these behaviours on a regular/daily basis:
Adaptable - Open to change, to be flexible
Courageous - Willing to speak up, offer ideas, challenge the norm
Hard Working - Strong work ethic, prepared to go the extra mile
Inclusive - Treat others fairly and equally
Engaged - Involved/absorbed in your work, participate at all times
Value - Add value to your role, your team and the Trust
Enquiring - Have an enquiring mind, curious, improve and find solutions
Motivated - Pro-active, wanting to achieve goals, willingness to try, can do attitude
Encouraging - Giving/offering support and confidence to others, working together
Navigator - Providing guidance, leading when necessary
Tenacious - Perseverance, never giving up, whatever it takes
Applying to the Laurus Trust
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time of continuous progression and growth, then we would like to hear from you.
For more information about The Laurus Trust, or for further information relating to the role and the School you’re applying to, please download the Candidate Information Pack (via TES) or visit https://www.laurustrust.co.uk/
Please note: an application form must be completed as CV’s will not be accepted. To complete an application form please click ‘Quick Apply’.
Disability Confident Committed
The Laurus Trust is committed to Equal Opportunities for all candidates. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we strongly encourage applications from all persons with a known disability, and we will ensure that a fair and proportionate number of disabled applicants that meet the minimum criteria for this position will be offered an interview and given the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, talents and abilities.
If you would prefer to request a manual application pack, or should you require any additional support in completing your application, please feel free to contact us on 0161 485 7201 or via e-mail at; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday 4th May 2021 at 9:00am
Interview Date: Wednesday 12th May 2021
The Laurus Trust and its affiliated schools are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Cheadle Hulme High School & Sixth Form
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years