Event Co-ordinator, East Asia
To support delivery of educational events in East Asia region, including marketing, business development and teacher professional development events. This role requires frequent travelling (about 20% to 30% - could be higher during the peak time).
- Support the coordination and successful delivery of education marketing events, including PR events, Cambridge hosted events and 3rd party events according to marketing plan
- Support digital marketing manager to conduct online campaign on Cambridge Pathway.
- Support Cambridge school community events, receptions, VIP visits.
- Work with professional development manager to support PD-led events if needed.
- Other tasks assigned by the line manager.
To fulfil the tasks above, the post-holder normally need to:
- Source venues and support event delivery for Cambridge events with venue logistics on event day (e.g. hosting, catering, AV, registration).
- Manage online live streaming activity (as appropriate).
- Assist in event logistics: draft invitation letter, RSVP, manage material orders and distribution.
- Co-ordinate creation and approval of speaker presentations.
- Manage publisher involvement in events;
- Support other staff working on the event and the attendees’ feedback process.
- Assist in tracking that events deliver to the expectations and budget allocated. This includes assisting in forecasting expenses as well as monitoring execution of plans.
- Help with new supplier creation, purchase order raising and payments
Bachelor degree or above
- Excellent time management and Multi-tasking
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team
- Detail oriented and Confident communication
- Good proven IT skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Chinese native speaker with fluent English.
- Passion to education with 2 years’ experience in events coordination.
- Experience in marketing or project management is an asset.
- Experience of working in an international organization is preferred
- Proactive approach
- Passionate about education
- Flexibility in the face of emerging and changing requirements
- Cultural sensitivity
- Tact and diplomacy
- Persistent, Perseverance, Resilience
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge.
Our international qualifications are recognized by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
Because of rapid growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a business development professional with extensive knowledge of international education to join our Schools Development Team. The role will develop and enhance relationships with our existing and potential customers.
As the Event Coordinator, you will be supported by and make an effective contribution to the work of the larger regional team for East Asia. The role will be varied and mainly to support delivery of educational events in East Asia region, including marketing and business development events to schools, as well as teacher professional development events.
You will be an effective communicator, well organised and detailed oriented. You understand the value of education and love to work with teachers, school manager and understand their needs. You will be a good team player but comfortable to work independently.
You will be able to demonstrate strong learning and problem solving skills and the ability to handle a variety of tasks in an effective and timely way. Excellent command of spoken and written English in a business context is essential.
You will be expected to travel in the area intensively during school terms.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader in a key role and to develop your career in international education.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches lead to innovation and create an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 25th August 2019 and interviews will be held in September. Please note as part of the selection process, you will be required to complete a video interview via out third party supplier, Sonru.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER