Would you be interested in supporting the smooth running of our exam process?
Would you like the opportunity to earn some extra money on a flexible basis?
Would you enjoy being a part of a successful team in a dynamic Academy in Luton?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking confident, reliable and punctual individuals to join our Academy as Exam Invigilators. Examinations are a crucial element of school life and we want to ensure that our students have the most efficient and effective experience possible. Therefore, we are looking to recruit exam invigilators on casual basis who will be instrumental in supporting this aim.
The successful candidate will:
· Be able to give clear and concise guidance.
· Be able to use initiative.
· Be able to exercise good judgement.
· Have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
· Be able to follow guidelines, and procedures.
· Be able to address health, safety or welfare issues.
· Be able to work effectively as part of a team.
· Be able to work flexibly, by agreed hours on a casual basis.
· Exude confidence and authority
· Be suitably dressed and conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to an examination environment
· Start Date: May 2018
· Salary: £8.28 an hour
· Job Role: Casual contract
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
· £30 million state of the art modern facilities
· You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and lovely colleagues
· Excellent opportunities to get your foot in the door in a successful and expanding Academy
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.