LOCATION: Barnhill Community High School
RATE: £10.00 per hour flexible fixed term contract
**You will need to be available for training w/c 9 March 2020 for 1 day **
Good availability will be needed for the Summer exam period of 1 May to 1 July 2020
REPORTING TO: Examination Officer
HOURS: As and when required
Flexible during Academic Year
To work flexible hours during the academic year, taking into account specific needs at key times of the year.
PURPOSE OF POST:
To ensure that internal and external exams are conducted in accordance with JCQ (Joint Council for Qualifications) regulations and school policies and procedures
1. To ensure that examinations are conducted in accordance with the JCQ regulations, and with Barnhill Community High School’s policies.
2. To have an understanding of access arrangements, and to assist in facilitating access arrangements (e.g. by acting as a reader and/or scribe) where required.
3. To ensure that exam room set ups are JCQ compliant.
4. To help supervise the entrance of students into the exam room and ensure that students are seated correctly and according to the seating plan and register.
5. To start the exam by reading out the invigilators announcement and any other pertinent information, and recording the start and finish times of the exam.
6. To complete the attendance register and record any incidents.
7. To supervise students during the exam unobtrusively, and to respond to students’ queries in accordance with JCQ regulations.
8. To supervise any students who may need to leave the exam room, and any clash candidates, as instructed by the Exams Officer.
9. To distribute, collect, sort and collate exam papers/scripts.
10. To fully understand Barnhill Community High School’s exams evacuation policy, and to implement it if required.
11. To attend training/debriefing sessions three times per year.
12. To assist the Exams Officer with various administrative tasks, such as completing awarding body registers and packaging scripts, as and when required.
13. To assist with the distribution of results on the results days in August.
1. To promote the school through an efficient and effective delivery of the role.
2. Participate in appropriate training to support the fulfillment of the role and/or its further development.
3. Ability to work in a team and independently when it comes to the exams.
Specific skills, knowledge and attributes required
1. Ability to communicate effectively and engage with young people and academic staff Essential
2. Ability to work as part of a team, or independently when required Essential
3. Punctuality and reliability
4. Accuracy and attention to detail
5. Calm disposition
1. Ability to work well under pressure
2. Flexible approach to hours and work
3. Good availability during key exams times
4. An appreciation of equal opportunities and issues
5. Ability to stand for relatively long periods of time
6. Ability to lift sometimes heavy examinations stationery and equipment
7. Ability to speak in front of a large group of students - Desirable
8. Knowledge of the workings of a large comprehensive school - Desirable
9. Understanding of the English examinations system - Desirable
Barnhill Community High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.