We are seeking to appoint additional invigilators to join our examination team. Preferably with an educational background or an interest in education, the successful candidate will relate positively to all learners, be extremely reliable, enthusiastic and flexible with good verbal communication skills. This role is to oversee and supervise examinations as necessary throughout the school year and as such our Invigilators are employed on a casual basis, with hours and days of work subject to the timings of each examination. This position will be reporting to the Exams Officer.
Key Requirements: Applicants will need to demonstrate a commitment to teamwork and have effective communication skills, experience of working (paid or unpaid) with children of appropriate age range would be desirable. The successful candidates will ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions and be comfortable addressing large groups of students.
• Ensure students have correct exam papers
• Ensure students are aware of and enter/leave room under exam conditions (e.g. no mobile phones)
• Ensure register is completed
• Ensure the exams start and finish on time, are of correct length of time and record these
• Collect, sort out exam papers and ensure their safe transport from and return to the office (or exams officer)
• Ensure and control proper student conduct during the exam, liaising with exams officer over any observed misconduct
• Read erratum notices
• Ensure that all papers are collected after the exam
• Ensure that students do not bring coats and bags into the exam
• Ensure that students are seated in the correct place
• Be available to attend briefing and de-briefing sessions
• Contact the exams officer if students raise a concern or problem with a paper
• Supervise students in a quiet and unobtrusive manner
• Respond to students’ queries in accordance with exam regulations
• Ensure exam conditions are observed until students are dismissed from room
If you would like to speak to a member of staff for further information about this post, please contact Jayne Thompson, Exams Officer on 024 7638 8123.