DATES: Apply by midday on Wednesday 30th October 2019
TITLE: Examination and Admissions Coordinator
SALARY: Grade 6 – £22,455.72 - £26,447.85
LOCATION: Nishkam High School – Birmingham
REPORTING TO: Vice Principal
TO COMMENCE: December 2019/January 2020
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent; 37.5 hours per week; 8.15 a.m. to 4.15 p.m. (term time + two weeks)
The Role This role is essential in providing the organisation and administration of all internal and external examinations and the admissions process for Year 7, Year 12 and in-year admissions.
As a key member of the High School’s support team you will be responsible for the smooth running and administration of all examinations and to liaise with teachers, students, parents and examination boards in respect of examination requirements, entries, results and communications, ensuring that the school adheres to all Awarding Bodies’ regulations.
To lead and be responsible for school admissions at each stage of entry and for in-year admissions, liaising with the relevant pastoral and curriculum staff, members of the leadership team, governors, parents and the local authority as appropriate.
Background You will be working with a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust, a flagship of the DfE Free Schools programme.
The Trust has opened:-
- Nishkam Primary School Birmingham – September 2011
- Nishkam High School – September 2012
- Nishkam School West London – September 2013
- Nishkam Primary School Wolverhampton – September 2014
Nishkam High School is a Sikh ethos, multi-faith school that nurtures pupils of all faiths and beliefs and those of no faith. The Nishkam ethos is to create a selfless mind-set, to go beyond ourselves to serve others, create supportive communities and to realise our true potential.
The core of Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of academic excellence, creating a community that supports children and nurturing a strong values-led approach to life.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
- You need to complete an application form, which you can download from our website https://www.nishkamschooltrust.org/nhsb/page/?title=Vacancies&pid=127 or contact the school office on 0121 348 7660
- Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on Wednesday 30th October 2019 .
- Successful applicants will be contacted on Monday 4th November 2019
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 6th November 2019