37 hours per week, all year round (consideration will be given to term time only with 2-4 weeks work within school holidays).
A rare opportunity has arisen to work within the support team of a prestigious and outstanding grammar school. Examination results for 2017 ensured that Beaconsfield High School is one of the leading schools in the UK.
As Examinations and Admissions Officer you will be responsible for the timely administration, organisation and smooth running of public and internal examinations and management of the school’s admissions procedures for Year 7 to 11. Further details are identified in the job description/person specification.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to be an exceptional member of staff with clear capacity and the desire to develop systems & processes
- Possess of a wide range of skills to support our staff, students, parents and community towards excellence
- Be able to deal sensitively with a variety of situations with teachers, examination invigilators, students, parents and examination board representatives
- Have the ability to be clear and assertive whilst remaining calm, composed, tactful and flexible is essential
- Be highly skilled in office administration, the use of Microsoft Word and other Microsoft packages, such as Excel
- Have a working knowledge of SIMs and preferably SIMS Examinations
- Have strong communication skills
- Be able to diffuse challenge or support those that need help and information
- Have knowledge of the 11+ testing process would be an advantage.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please complete the application form and explain how your skills and experience to date meet the attached Job Description.
To apply by email: Please send your completed application form to Paul Garrett-Chapman via firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by post: Please send your completed application form to Paul Garrett-Chapman, Beaconsfield High School, Wattleton Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks HP9 1RR
Closing date: 22 January 2018
Interview will be offered during the week following the closing date.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.