Reports to: Deputy Head Curriculum
The Examinations and Curricular Compliance Officer (ECCO) will support student achievement at Gordonstoun by managing all public and internal examinations and assessments. The ECCO will work across Admissions, Junior School and Senior School and will work with external bodies and all colleagues to deliver exemplary standards of compliance and efficiency.
- Ensuring timely and efficient compliance with all external protocols and JCQ regulations
- Efficient and effective running of all examinations
- Adhering to (and, as required, developing) internal systems and policies
- Responsibility for provision of Access Arrangements
- The management of invigilation
- All logistics and communications required to ensure the smooth running of exams and assessments
- Recording, collating and distributing results and exam reports as required
- All staff training associated with the smooth running of examinations
- General support to the curriculum team and wider school community
Appropriately qualified candidates may also have the opportunity to become involved in supporting student learning and wellbeing.
6 month probationary period
The post-holder will be required to work 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday on an all year round basis. The hours of work are 0830hrs to 1630hrs (7.5 hours paid a day) and free lunch in the refectory is provided. The daily hours of work may vary and increase slightly during the busy School examination season. A flexible approach is therefore essential but the post holder will be able to potentially work less hours and/or remotely during the less busy times provided the overall 37.5 hours per week on average is achieved.
There are 6 weeks paid holiday which includes all Public and Bank Holidays. Given the nature of this post, all holidays must be taken out of term time.
The salary is c. £24,000 to £28,000
Gordonstoun is an equal opportunities employer and considers all requests for flexible working.
Applicants are invited to complete an application form online from the vacancies section of the Gordonstoun website.
The closing date for applications is 0900hrs Tuesday 19 March 2019
Interviews will be held 21 or 22 March 2019