Come and be a part of our World Class* high school and sixth form as our Examinations Assistant. You will work closely with the Exams Officer supporting them with the administration surrounding the school’s examination processes.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is able to work on data and examinations related administration with a high degree of accuracy and the ability to demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail .
- has high levels of literacy and numeracy.
- demonstrates good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- is able to drive between two sites during the school day on a regular basis. The school has recently opened a new sports centre near to it's main site where the majority of exams will take place.
- has experience of working with data software (preferable).
Experience of working in a school, and an understanding of school systems would also be desirable, but not essential. Thorough training and support will be offered to the successful candidate.
Due to the nature of this role, some extra hours may need to be undertaken during the mock exam and national exam periods. This additional work will be accrued as TOIL (time off in lieu) and can be taken, in agreement with the school, at another time during term.
*The Hertfordshire & Essex High School and Science College was awarded the status of a World Class School in December 2019.
We can offer you:
- Part-time work up to 20 hours per week
- Term-time working contract plus 2 weeks (1 of which is for CPD (Continued Professional Development))
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A vibrant, welcoming and supportive working environment in popular, non-selective schools which have an excellent academic record
- Opportunities for professional development
- Specific admission arrangements for daughters of staff in line with our Admissions Arrangements. For further information, please see our website.
- Subsidised membership of our brand new sports centre
- Herts & Essex Multi-Academy Trust is in the market town of Bishop’s Stortford which has fast and easy access to Cambridge & London as well as having Stansted Airport on the doorstep.
How to apply:
- Further details about the school are available on our website or from the school.
- Click on “Quick Apply” by midday on Monday 12 April 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. Full employment checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure are required.
HEMAT is dedicated to supporting and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in our schools’ community.
The Hertfordshire & Essex High School and Science College