An exciting new role has arisen within a ‘Good’, oversubscribed secondary school in Norwood, South East London. Smart Teachers have been asked to recruit an experienced Examinations Officer / Exams Officer who can ‘hit the ground running’ in this busy secondary school. This diverse Examinations Officer / Exams Officer role will start as a temporary position but the appointed candidate will have the opportunity to interview for a permanent position in the new academic year. Due to the nature of the role and the position within the academic year those applying for the Examinations Officer / Exams Officer role must have a working knowledge of the duties and expectations placed on an Examinations Officer.
About the Role
· Examinations Office / Exams Officer
· Full time
· May 2018 start
· Be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of exams during examinations periods
· Liaising with the Senior Leadership team to ensure a smooth running examinations periods
· Notifying staff and students of Exam Entry dates and schedules
· Update systems for exam entries, record results and the issue certificates competently.
· Manage the receipt of exam results and their distribution to students.
· Brief students and staff on examination procedures and conduct.
· Oversee budgets and special requests
· Adapt and amend exam seating plans
· Ensure confidential records are kept safely and securely
· Daily rate between £100 up to £130 a day (depending on experience)
About the School
· Oversubscribed secondary school, South East London
· “Good” Ofsted with Outstanding features for leadership and management
· Recently refurbished in a new modern building
· Parent promoted school
· Recently extended to include a sixth form
In order to be considered for this role, the Examinations Officer/Exams Officer will need to meet the following criteria:
· Knowledge of examinations systems and exam board regulations
· Proven UK experience within a similar role
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Have good rapport with students, staff and outside authorities
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent references and valid DBS/police checks
· A sparky, ambitious and focussed attitude with the ability to adapt to a new environment quickly
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number JZB27758.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.