Examinations Officer and Cover Supervisor
January 2022 (or sooner if possible)
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Examinations Officer and Cover Supervisor with enthusiasm and flexibility, who will be responsible for the smooth running and administration of all examinations. The Exams Officer will have responsibility for all examination entries, the examination timetable and invigilation requirements, distribution of results certificates and the compilation of relevant data and statistics. As Cover Supervisor, the post holder will be responsible for planning and organising cover for absent staff in the Senior School Previous experience is essential.
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong Numeracy and IT skills
• Attention to detail
• The ability to work to deadlines
• Proactivity and adaptability
Core duties include;
• Coordination of public exams, and assistance with, internal examinations
• Liaison with examination boards, staff, students and parents
• The management of exam invigilators
• Effective management of the teachers’ absence and cover system
• Administrative support for ECA activities
Working hours ;
• 7.00 – 16.00 Monday to Friday Term time plus 7 additional weeks during school holidays.
Founded in Folkestone in 1886, Kent College is an independent day and boarding school for girls with boys in Early Years, with a Senior School (ages 11-18) and Preparatory School (ages 3-11) sharing the same site, facilities and some specialist staff. The school is one of a group of twelve schools within the Methodist Independent Schools Trust. The school has a resident Chaplain who leads the Christian worship in the school.
Kent College Pembury employs over 200 people in both academic and support staff positions. The school excels in adding value both academically and pastorally and the highly skilled, dedicated and passionate staff are the driving force behind this. We are delighted to welcome applications from candidates who share our core values and who are able to contribute to our continued future success. We recruit staff of the highest calibre who will inspire, support and challenge the pupils, and fellow colleagues, to achieve their full potential.
We believe in rewarding our staff and offer a complete range of employee benefits including:
• Reduced school fees on permanent roles (Rec-U6 Pupils)
• Meals whilst at school during term time working hours
• Reimbursement for eye tests
• On-site Flu Vaccinations
• Employee Assistance Programme for Staff Wellbeing
• Free on-site parking
• On-going professional training and development
• Use of fitness suite (at allocated times)
Closing date: Monday 20 September 2021 by Midday
Candidates are encouraged to apply well before the deadline. We reserve the right to interview candidates before the closing date.
References will be taken up prior to interview. One of the referees should normally be the applicant’s current or most recent employer. The post requires the highest level of clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Kent College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Appointees must be prepared to undergo child protection screening Child Protection and welfare are taken very seriously at Kent College, with guidelines on confidentiality and staff-pupil relationship procedures well-publicised to staff.
All gaps of employment are to be accounted for and rigorously investigated. Referees are contacted to ensure the validity of the reference. Testimonials are not acceptable in place of confidential references.
Kent College, Pembury
Pembury, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 3 - 18 years
Founded in Folkestone in 1886, Kent College is an independent day and boarding school for girls Senior School (ages 11-18) and Preparatory School (ages 3-11). From September 2020 the Prep School, will be welcoming boys into the Nursery (ri...