JESS is a well-established, high performing, not for profit Dubai School, based within Arabian Ranches and Jumeriah. We are currently seeking an Examinations Officer to join us at our Arabian Ranches site.
The ideal applicant will:
- be responsible for managing the effective and efficient administration of external examinations in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) regulations and awarding body rules. This will include, but not limited to, planning, entries, invigilation, exam conduct, results and post-results.
- be responsible for the preparation of and conduct in internal formal examinations run under examination conditions
- brief candidates/staff/parents on examination regulations and requirements
- closely liaise with key stakeholders (external and internal) to ensure exams administration processes are strictly followed and key deadlines met
- take an ethical approach, working proactively to avoid malpractice among students and staff
- fully understand qualifications and assessment, and undertake training as required
- recruit, train and liaise with external invigilators for GCSE and IB examinations (internal and external)
- oversee and manage appropriate access rights for relevant internal stakeholders using JCQ and awarding body online tools
- manage arrangements to receive, check and store question papers and examination material safely and securely at all times
- contribute to the creation/review/update of exam-related policies as required by the regulations and accurately reflecting working practices in the centre
- support the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) (or equivalent role) in implementing examination access arrangements or reasonable adjustments for eligible candidates (processing approval applications and requesting modified papers by the published deadlines)
- foster the wellbeing of all students
- be confident in using ICT (familiarity with Microsoft 365 is advantageous)
- contribute to a collegiate and positive atmosphere in the staffroom
Applicants are requested to complete the attached JESS Application Form and send this along with their CV and Cover Letter addressed to:
Mr Michael Waller, Head Teacher, Secondary, JESS
Closing date for applications is Thursday 14 January 2021.
JESS Dubai - Arabian Ranches
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years