Salary: £22,462 - £26,999 H6 Pt 14 – H7 Pt 23 + Fringe £874
(pro rata - dependent upon experience)
Actual Salary: £20,408 - £24,375 (including Fringe)
Permanent: Term time + ten days
Hours: 37 hours per week over 5 days
The successful candidate will:
• Make arrangements for internal examinations, including the production of the timetable, rooming and invigilation and liaising with Heads of Department to ensure that all required materials are in the examination rooms for the start of the examination and arrangements for candidates with special educational needs are in place.
• Check, record and file exam papers as they arrive from exam boards.
• Briefing candidates on examination regulations and producing written guidelines for staff and students; ensuring candidates are aware of their own examination timetables.
• Liaising with School SENCO regarding candidates with special educational needs.
• To service and advise the School Examination Boards.
• Oversee invigilation
• Encouraging a positive examination culture in the school to which all staff and students subscribe.
• Keep up to date with the requirements of the role. Ensuring attendance at appropriate awarding body training meetings, etc. and keeping up to date with the latest procedures and regulations for external examinations.
We can offer you:
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• A professional working environment where teamwork is highly valued.
• A partially selective School with a focus on academic achievement (Progress 8 in 2019 is +0.41).
• Admission criteria where preference is given to staffs’ children.
• A School which invests heavily in the future with £3.5m recent School expansion and strong ongoing financial support from our Foundation and PTA.
• A School in a strong, stable financial position in this challenging climate with a healthy lettings income.
• A hugely talented and cohesive support staff.
• An outstanding wellbeing programme offering:
o Flu jabs
o Free access to our first-class Fitness Suite and swimming pool
o Pilates classes
o Yoga classes
o Free eye tests
o Friday staff breakfast
o Staff sports
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. Applications must declare any criminal convictions and submit to a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Application form and details can be obtained from our website, by calling the School on 01923 773296 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 8am Monday 21st October 2019
INTERVIEW DATE: Thursday 24th October 2019
Suitable candidates may be invited to interview before deadline