The administration, organization and smooth running of all aspects of external examinations, in accordance with the regulations laid down by the appropriate awarding bodies, and including mock examinations appropriate to curriculum.
- To liaise with Heads of Department regarding entries for all external examinations – Checkpoint Tests appropriate to curriculum (US or UK) and ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- To prepare and submit entries to awarding bodies appropriate to curriculum (US or UK) and CIE Direct in advance of deadlines.
- In consultation with the Phase Director, to apply for special arrangements for appropriate candidates, including modified scripts, use of laptops etc., ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- To produce a Centre timetable for all examinations in each session, showing dates, times, subjects and venues.
- To liaise with appropriate staff for the use of accommodation throughout the school for examinations.
- To be responsible for the appointment, training and supervision of invigilators and to produce an appropriate timetable of invigilation for each session of external examinations.
- To liaise with Heads of Department regarding the completion and submission of the appropriate paperwork/electronic transfer for estimated grades and internally assessed coursework and to ensure that all coursework is dispatched before the agreed deadlines.
- To produce, update as necessary and dispatch notes of guidance, timetables and other statutory information regarding examinations to all relevant staff, candidates and parents.
- To brief students on exam procedures and conduct and to produce guidelines for staff and students.
- To receive, check and monitor all examination materials and to ensure that these are kept secure prior to the examination session.
- To resolve examination clashes, where appropriate, and in line with awarding body regulations.
- To prepare each examination room, including provision of required signage and appropriate equipment if necessary throughout the examination session.
- To produce seating plans for each examination and to ensure that, where appropriate, invigilators are aware of students who required special consideration and additional time.
- To ensure that completed scripts are checked against registers, packed and dispatched by secure means.
- To download results for all examinations and to prepare results for students on the appropriate results days and to oversee the distribution of these results.
- To undertake an analysis of examination results when the centre is notified and to produce appropriate information on results for the SLT.
- To process enquiries about results, ensuring that appropriate deadlines are met.
- To keep up to date on all changes in procedures and regulations for external examinations and to attend INSET training sessions as appropriate.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.