About the role: We are looking to appoint a suitably experienced Exams Invigilator to join us as soon as possible for the exams taking place throughout the academic year. The ideal candidate will be punctual and well organised, an excellent communicator, have experience of supervising children and be flexible with their availability. Whilst experience is preferred, full training will be provided for the successful candidate. Whilst the role is ad-hoc, hours will be agreed with the successful candidates in advance and there will be an opportunity to work regularly during the academy’s usual examination periods.
What we expect from you: The main purpose of this role is to supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions. Typical duties include the following;
- To ensure a calm environment to give the candidates the best possible exam experience.
- To set up the examination rooms as determined by the Cover and Exams Manager.
- To be aware of any needs that candidates may have during an examination.
- To ensure that no inappropriate/not allowed items are brought into an examination room.
- To ensure that candidates follow regulations of an exam room and to be vigilant at all times.
- Ensure all candidates are aware of the information and of any notice that may affect them.
- To ensure all candidates are seated according to the seating plan provided.
- To ensure all candidates receive appropriate exam question papers and answer papers.
- To record attendance on the appropriate attendance register.
- To ensure that there is no talking or disruption for the candidates once an exam has begun.
- To ensure answer scripts are collected, sorted into candidate number order and supervised as required, passing them safely to the Cover and Exams Manager for dispatch.
- To maintain security and confidentiality at all times.
- To highlight any concerns or issues to the Cover and Exams Manager.
- To assist in other activities as may reasonably be requested by the Centre from time to time.
Working with our academy: The Hundred of Hoo Academy is a unique all through academy with pupils from Reception up to Sixth Form, and whilst this role supports the entire academy, it is most likely the successful candidate will work with pupils aged 11-16 on a daily basis. In September 2011, The Hundred of Hoo converted to academy status. Just one year later, Ofsted judged the academy as “good with outstanding features” recognising the relentless focus and ambition that we have. In September 2015 the academy welcomed its first Reception class thereby extending its age range to 4-year-old children. This exciting provision demonstrates the academy’s sense of ambition to serve the community where pupils’ academic journey represents a cradle to university principle.
We are delighted to announce that following a recent Ofsted inspection in July 2018 the academy has been judged 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features in terms of our early years provision and effectiveness of leadership and management.
Working with Leigh Academies Trust: As of September 2019, our Trust is comprised of 25 geographically organised academies (11 secondaries, 13 primaries and 1 special) educating over 15,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. We also have three further academies in development phase, due to open between September 2020-2021. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training providers and a large teaching school.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to - click here to view what you’d receive as a member of staff with Leigh Academies Trust.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. All roles within the Trust are subject to an Enhanced DBS check in addition to other pre-employment checks