We are looking for Exam Invigilators to join our team. The role is to ensure that the examinations run smoothly and the best possible conditions are provided for the candidates, whilst ensuring that the examination board regulations are observed at all times.
The exam season covers six weeks in May and June although there are opportunities to support internal examinations at other times of the year. The work is paid on an hourly basis and you would be required for a mixture of morning, afternoon and all day sessions. Candidates should be able to commit themselves to working sessions throughout the examination period. A work schedule will be agreed on appointment.
A successful candidate would work with the Exams Manager to ensure that:
• The exam hall is set up correctly, according to exam regulations, and papers distributed correctly;
• the students are seated in accordance with the seating plan;
• the correct exam procedures are adhered to at all times;
• Invigilators vigilant and observe students sitting the exam to ensure they are not communicating or disrupting others;
• after the examination, all papers are collated correctly for return to the examinations office.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who are:
• reliable, punctual and hard-working;
• professional and well-organised;
• good communicators;
• calm, with common sense, and pay attention to detail;
• available to work flexible hours;
• willing to apply for a DBS.
Previous experience would be an advantage, but not essential, as full training will be provided.