Start Date: ASAP
35 hours per week, term time only
Salary Scale 6 (Point 18 to 20), £27,978 - £28,992 pro rata
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Barking Abbey School for someone to join our growing exams and timetabling team as an additional examinations officer.
This role is integral to the daily smooth operation of the school and will provide a hardworking and ambitious administrator with great opportunities for growth and development and to gain specialist knowledge and skills around the examination processes and procedures in schools.
The role will be varied, and at times fast paced, enabling the successful candidate to develop skills and specialisms with software, data, and legislation regulations relating to examinations.
The successful candidate will have:
• A can do and positive attitude
• The ability to prioritise and plan workload and think of innovative solutions to solve problems
• A commitment to Barking Abbey’s high expectations and ethos
• A desire to work collaboratively and to make a real contribution to the progress of a growing professional service department in school
• Great communication skills with the ability to manage, manipulate and interpret data
• Great ICT skills, in particular a willingness to learn and master new software.
• A willingness to work flexibly in a varied role
• The ability to manage time, and an IT support team, delegating as appropriate, multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible regarding working hours and location in order to meet the needs of the school in particular during busy exam periods
In return we can offer:
• A good school with outstanding features (OFSTED 2017)
• A school where we get to know our students and staff well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents
• A supportive and encouraging staff team
• The opportunity to access a wide range of CPD opportunities within and beyond school
• A school which understands the importance of staff well-being and workload management
Barking Abbey is a heavily over-subscribed dual Campus secondary school in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, and has a well-deserved reputation for its friendly and supportive atmosphere and its excellent academic achievements.
The school is located less than 10 minutes walk from Upney tube station and Barking mainline station (25 minutes from Liverpool Street).
Please click here to find out more information about what it is like to work at Barking Abbey www.barkingabbeyschool/join-us/staff-vacancies/
The application process:
A full application form must be completed and submitted via TES https://www.tes.com/jobs/
Closing date for this post: Monday 3rd January 2022 at 9:00am
Interviews to take place: Friday 7th January 2022
Please note dates are subject to change
Barking Abbey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including a full disclosure check will be undertaken on all successful applicants.
Barking Abbey is a heavily over-subscribed split site secondary school in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, and has a well-deserved reputation for its friendly and supportive atmosphere and its excellent academic achievements. With a large ...