We are looking for a motivated, well-organised and confident person to be responsible for school examinations. The work completed by the exams office is fundamental to ensuring candidates have a positive exams experience and achieve results that reflect their effort and abilities. You will have relevant experience in an educational setting and be comfortable liaising with colleagues and students. You will have a high attention to detail and be able to remain calm under pressure, often working to tight deadlines.
Other requirements (not an exhaustive list)
• Good working knowledge and understanding of IT and ability to use school based IT systems i.e. Progresso, Microsoft Word etc
• Have a solution focussed approach to any issues or problems that may arise
• Adapt to meet the needs of the school.
• Working collaboratively within a team.
• Willingness to work flexibly to meet the requirements of the post in particular during peak times (to be available when results are released – usually two days at end of August)
• Ability to travel to different locations on a daily basis at short notice.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to work on own initiative without direct supervision and arrange his/her own agenda of work;
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills,
• To have full responsibility for the organisation and supervision of the school as an examination centre, ensuring adequate security and the adherence to appropriate examination board regulations and routines
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of entries to examination bodies
• To manage correspondence with curriculum areas, examination boards and parents/carers regarding fees and entries
• To liaise with the Heads of Centre, Deputy Head Teacher and Curriculum Leaders with regard to examination as they relate to the school curriculum
• To be responsible for the receiving, dispatch and security of examination papers and support materials;
• To be responsible for arranging the annual training all examination invigilators;
• Liaise with Site Manager regarding setting up for exams
• To undertake any clerical and general office duties, including filing, photocopying, minute taking, ordering supplies, answering telephones and other administrative support to assist in the efficient operation of the school.
• This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Application packs available by email from email@example.com or contact Response Handling Unit on 0121 464 6488 (24 hr answerphone) Packs also available from school website www.cobschool.com
All Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Performance, Engagement & Commissioning Services, PO Box 16461, Birmingham, B2 2DB
Closing date for applications to be received by midday 29/01/2021
Shortlisting: W/C: 1/2/21
Interviews: W/C: 8/2/21
All staff are expected to understand and be committed to Equal Opportunities in employment and school delivery. City of Birmingham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
If you would like to discuss this post please speak to Nesrim Mesnani on 0121 303 0272 or 0121 464 6675.
City of Birmingham School - Minerva
- Pupil referral unit(pru) with state funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years