Full time 37 hrs per week, permanent, whole year (flexible)
We are currently seeking to appoint to the permanent post of Executive Assistant. Whilst this is a full time, whole year position, there is an element of flexibility for the right candidate. Applications are invited from Executive Assistants / Personal Assistants or those with similar reporting duties with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. Under the guidance of the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for the provision of Senior Executive level support. The role will require actively participating in varied work to support the wider business strategy; leading and managing projects; writing bids; research and development; and high level administrative support as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and highly organised person to join a very dynamic and busy environment as an Executive Assistant. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent, a project management qualification would also be desirable. If you are positive, self-motivated and are able to manage multiple deadlines we would welcome an application from you.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To support and assist the CEO, COO and Executive Leadership Team to discharge their duties on behalf of Shaw Education Trust.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all Shaw Education Trust academies comply with all relevant laws and regulations and statutory requirements within areas of designated responsibility.
- To co-ordinate, attend, collate, distribute agendas/papers and take minutes for the Shaw Education Trust Board.
- To support the Company Secretary to ensure statutory compliance with the DfE and ESFA.
- To coordinate, attend, and take minutes for ELT meetings.
- To ensure appropriate meeting preparation and arrangements, agenda setting, reporting and ensuring actions are followed up accordingly.
- To participate in project-work to support the wider business strategy and the achievement of the Trust annual goals.
- To ensure all correspondence and relevant materials are produced in a high quality, timely and accurate manner.
- To provide administrative services including diary management, booking meetings, planning events, organising travel and preparing travel itineraries, correspondence and prioritising emails for the ELT.
- To prepare, research and collate sensitive and complex information as required.
- To maintain and be responsible for an organised and appropriate manual and electronic filing system.
- To provide a professional and polished point of contact for internal and external contacts at all levels. Be an ongoing point of contact with strategic partners ensuring information and communication is timely and appropriate at all times.
- The management of correspondence on behalf of the CEO, COO and ELT as appropriate and agreed, which could include matters of policy, procedure and other strategic and confidential material.
- To organise bespoke and relevant events and functions, leading the co-ordination and communication on behalf of the strategic management team.
- To ensure that all relevant processes and procedures are adhered to within appropriate time-scales, including any document submissions, complex returns or forms issued to the Trust for the attention of the CEO, COO and ELT.
- To uphold, support and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
You should have strong communication, organisational and IT skills and exceptional interpersonal skills in order to deal with the variety of duties assigned to you. As you will be based in a team within a school you must have a personable and professional approach to all children.
Please see job description and person specification for full details.
Please ensure that your application form is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
CV’s are not accepted.
Shaw Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.
Closing Date: 12pm 25th February 2020
Interview: 3rd, 4th, 5th March TBC