An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced EA, with first-class organisational and secretarial skills, to support the Headmistress at Benenden School, one of the country’s leading independent schools.
The EA’s role is to make sure the Headmistress is provided with the excellent support and organisation she needs to successfully manage this high-performing School. The role requires an impeccable standard of communication and administrative skills and professionalism.
The key attributes required for this role are:
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Meticulous accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A high level of IT competency, including excellent database management skills and the ability to work confidently with Excel;
- A very high level of professionalism with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders;
- The ability to take initiative, self-motivation and a commitment to delivering a high quality service at all times;
- A very high level of organisation with the ability to work accurately under pressure, managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines in a calm and efficient manner;
- Willingness to work independently as well as a member of a team;
- Experience of managing a team of PAs/administrative staff (desirable but not essential).
A highly competitive salary will be paid in line with the high expectations of this key role.
This position is full time with a holiday entitlement of five weeks plus Bank Holidays. Additional holiday will be provided to reflect the need to attend evening and weekend events; further detail to be discussed at interview.
Meals are provided to staff whilst on duty. The School’s leisure facilities, including a fitness gym and swimming pool, are available for staff to use. The position will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references and completion of a medical questionnaire. This position requires a high level of discretion. The School’s business is confidential.
For full details and to apply, please download the application pack on our website by clicking the apply button.
Completed applications should be emailed to Mrs Julia Card, Head of HR & Compliance at email@example.com by 9:00am on Monday 19 April 2021.
The post-holder will be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children with whom they come into contact. Candidates must ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times. This appointment will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks. Benenden School is committed to equal opportunities and equal pay for all employees.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Benenden is a full boarding school for girls. We offer a full and balanced programme with a wide range of extra-curricular activities and an active and popular weekend programme.
Founded in 1923, Benenden School is situated in the heart of the K...