Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT) need an Executive Director to:
• lead the development of our first special school in Northstowe (free school) as Principal designate,
• establish a trust network of special schools and
• ensure the highest quality of SEND provision across our mainstream academies.
CMAT is a dynamic and highly successful multi-academy trust which currently operates 6 secondary academies, 1 primary academy and 1 junior academy across Lincolnshire, Peterborough and Cambridgeshire serving nearly 6000 students and their families. The trust is committed to further growth and development in the community we serve.
Where every child is a:
• Successful Learner who enjoys learning, makes progress and achieves • Confident Individual who is able to live a safe, healthy and fulfilling life
• Responsible and Employable Citizen who makes a positive contribution to the communities in which they live.
Where the academy is a:
• Hub for community activities and a place where people of all ages meet and integrate
• Centre for extended services for children, families and the community
• Source of immense pride for the whole community
The trust aims to create a family of academies at all levels working together – and with others - to ensure the highest educational standards. We will achieve this by using economies of scale and breadth of experience to build expertise capacity and investment in our academies, and by example and through support to foster continuous improvement in education across our communities.
Our Northstowe campus will include primary, secondary and post-16 provision and our vision is one of a family of schools working together to create a deep sense of inclusion, integration, understanding, excellence and pride. This role provides an opportunity to play a key role in creating something inspirational.
We are looking for a colleague with a proven track record in strategic leadership and professional management alongside a belief that education can transform and enrich society.
The post holder will exercise strong practice leadership in a style and manner consistent with the trust’s values, sharing best practice, positively influencing colleagues at all levels, and encouraging reflective practice and a culture of continuous improvement for the work with pupils who have SEND. This is a new role and you will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer. The salary is competitive and will reflect the post holder’s successful previous experience, track record and current salary.
The post holder will initially be based at Swavesey Village College. However travel across all of the CMAT schools will be an expectation of the role.
Further information and an online application form to apply is available from the vacancies section of our trust website, www.cmatrust.net
Please submit your completed application, along with a letter of application, (no longer than three A4 sides) explaining how you fit the criteria for the role.
To arrange an informal discussion please email Mark Woods, CEO, MWoods@cmatrust.net
The closing date for the post is 9.00 am on Monday 3 July 2017.
Interviews will be held shortly after.
The trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.