Care Wellbeing & Learning
Due to the retirement of our existing Executive Head Teacher, the opportunity has arisen for the governing body to appoint a new energetic and experienced school leader.
The successful candidate will need experience at assistant, deputy or Head Teacher level and be able to take up the post of Executive Head Teacher at Ryton Infant and Junior Schools as of September 2018.
The Governing Body is looking for a candidate who can commit to the long-term future of our schools, using their knowledge and experience to continue the excellent work of our previous Executive Head in bringing together the Infant and Junior schools to drive forward the Federation.
Applicants for the post should be highly motivated, well-qualified and possess outstanding interpersonal skills. They should have a strong commitment to sustaining school improvement, be committed to the safeguarding and well-being of children and be able to demonstrate an excellent track record of leadership and management at a senior level.
- Be passionate about developing the potential of every child.
- Have proven leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning across all three key stages.
- Be approachable, receptive and able to challenge, motivate and inspire others.
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Be resilient, creative and committed to maintaining the federation’s place at the heart of the community.
- Understand what it takes to preserve the unique features and caring ethos of each school while continuing the work to bring them closer together to benefit all children.
The Federation schools are at the heart of a busy, thriving village with a strong community spirit. The schools are on a shared campus. On the Infant site there is an Infant School and separate Early Years building. Approximately 100 metres away is the Junior School. The campus is shared with the secondary academy.
To find out more about our schools visit our websites www.rytonfederation.org
Informal visits are warmly welcomed. Contact either school to make an appointment for the afternoon of 7th or 8th March 2018
Gateshead Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
If successful you will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure.
This post may require a declaration under the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009, including Disqualification by Association.
Please provide an email address for each of your referees.
The closing date for applications is Noon on 16th March 2018
Shortlisting will take place on 19th March 2018
Interviews will take place on 17th and 18th April 2018
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the post please contact Melanie Maitland on 0191 433 8622.
Application forms only available via email from firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0191 433 2439