About Capability Scotland
Capability Scotland provides care, education and employment services for disabled children and adults across Scotland. We work with disabled people, their families and carers to provide a creative mix of services that meet their aspirations at all stages of their lives. Our specialist knowledge and broad range of flexible services allows us to promote independence and quality of life for disabled people throughout their lives.
About Our Schools
This role will work across Capability Scotland’s two Grant Aided Special Schools; Stanmore House School in Lanark and Corseford School in Johnstone. The combined roll of the schools is 34 pupils. Both Schools have a residential or respite element. In addition to teaching staff, the schools have dedicated care and allied health staff to support with the removal of barriers to learning.
We are proud of our emphasis on providing the best possible learning outcomes for our pupils. The National Improvement Framework and Getting It Right For Every Child are followed closely. Pupils enjoy attending school and are well cared for. Across the schools, staff have established a supportive and nurturing climate where children and young people are empowered to learn, communicate and make choices for themselves.
Do you want to make a real difference to children’s lives?
The role of Executive Head Teacher is two-fold; managing the two schools and associated services and ensuring corporate accountability to Capability Scotland’s Executive Management board to ensure statutory requirements are met and exceeded. This is a strategic role to build on current performance of the schools.
Working in collaboration with the Executive Management Board, the Executive Head Teacher will be expected to lead on strategy and implement effective operational plans. The post holder will build on current strengths to ensure consistent high quality learning and teaching.
Why work for Capability Scotland?
- Diverse and rewarding work
- Opportunity to lead a dedicated senior leadership team with the support of two passionate Deputy Head Teachers
- Opportunity to shape the direction of our schools and drive change
- SPPA/STSS Pension Scheme
- Track record of effective senior leadership at a headship level, with an emphasis on strategic leadership and improvement
- Expert knowledge of the field of special needs education
- Driven and passionate about achievement for all pupils
- Experience in raising standards and managing change
- Ability to influence and forge strong working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences including staff, pupils and parents
Hours: 35 hours (Term Time Full Time)
Reference Number: CS171010
Candidates who are interested in learning more should contact Charlie McMillan (0131 337 9876), Director of Services and Development, for an informal discussion. Candidates who wish to apply should submit their application by emailing a CV with a supporting statement to email@example.com no later than 28 January 2018.
Candidates who wish to be considered on a secondment basis are also welcome.
- Capability Scotland is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We are happy to consider job-share applications.
- Capability Scotland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people and as such undertakes to conduct thorough pre-employment checks on all preferred candidates.
- A copy of Capability Scotland's Equality and Diversity Policy is available on the Intranet or upon request from the HR Department. Capability Scotland, Scottish Charity SC011330.
Disability Confident Employer
As a Disability Confident Employer we are committed to employing and retaining disabled people; we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job and consider them on their abilities and we will make reasonable adjustments to ensure disabled people are not disadvantaged when applying for and doing their jobs.
Stanmore House School in Lanark and Corseford School in Johnstone.