Based in Harpenden, Crabtree Infants’ and Crabtree Junior School formalised their partnership in April 2014, with the creation of Crabtree Academy Trust. This partnership has provided many benefits over the last 4 years and the Trustees believe that now is the right time to develop further, with the appointment of an Executive Headteacher. The governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and innovative leader who will take our Academy Trust to the next level of its development.
The successful candidate will possess:
- The ability to articulate a clear and exciting vision for the Academy Trust and both Schools
- Experience to sustain outstanding performance combined with innovation and an open, outward-focused approach
- Motivation to achieve National Leader of Education qualifications to support the Trust’s outreach work
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to lead both schools into a secure future
- Expertise to find and create professional staff development opportunities which meet staff needs at all stages of their careers
- Communication skills to appeal to members of the wider Trust community and help them understand and support our aims
The successful candidate can expect:
- Support and challenge from an innovative, engaged Trust.
- Commitment and expertise from staff and encouragement from parents
- Opportunities to develop and grow the role over time
- Encouragement for personal CPD to meet the individual’s aspirations
- Flexibility to undertake external projects in the future
- An academy trust in good financial health
- Salary range of L 18 – L 24 (up to L27 for the right candidate)
This is an exciting opportunity which has the full support of the Trust. We warmly invite you to visit our schools, to meet our Headteachers, staff and children. To arrange a visit please contact the Crabtree Junior’s office on 01582 623501 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday 18th April
Interview Date: Wednesday 25th April
NB: We recognise the Easter holidays make fitting in a school visit challenging. We are happy to accept applications from candidates who cannot visit the school prior to the job closing on Wednesday 18th April. We can then accommodate visits prior to interview for shortlisted candidates who have not been able to attend.
Crabtree Infants’ and Crabtree Junior Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
For more information and to apply online please visit https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,executive-headteacher_46532.htm