A wonderful opportunity has arisen to lead The Mortimer Federation of St. John’s and St. Mary’s Church of England schools. The governing board is seeking to appoint an experienced, motivated and creative leader to fill the post of Executive Headteacher from September 2021 and take us on the next stage of our journey. We are seeking a leader who will provide inspirational leadership to both our schools.
We want to build on the firm foundations of nurturing and enriching the school experience that is evident at each of our schools. As Church of England schools, we are looking for someone with energy and enthusiasm who is an experienced strategic thinker, with a vision to develop our federation.
- Ofsted rated good and SIAMS rated outstanding schools which are set in the village of Mortimer, with close links to the Parish and Community
- a warm Christian environment which is underpinned by our inclusive vision and values
- inquisitive children who have a love for learning and are keen to achieve their best
- a committed and hardworking staff team who are open to new ideas and believe in the potential of every child within a well-resourced village learning environment
- a commitment to expanding your professional development, with a supportive governing board
You will bring:
- the ability to motivate and inspire children and staff, acting as a role model, instilling a culture of collaboration, shared trust and respect across the community
- proven leadership abilities to work with staff, parents and children in both the infant and junior schools
- the drive to embody and further develop our school values of Hope, Courage and Service and embrace our vision “Share Your Light”
- a strong contribution to all aspects and levels of school life
- excellent interpersonal skills and empathy with an ability to lead and build trust to enthuse and nurture our children, staff teams and wider parish
- passion to develop standards, increase our achievements and strive to raise the aspirations of all our children
This is an exciting opportunity for both the schools and the successful candidate. The governing board wishes to appoint an individual who will lead our schools with vision and positivity into their next phase by continuing to develop and improve upon the excellent teaching delivered throughout our schools.
Closing date: Friday 26th February 2021 at 12 noon.
Interview dates: 18th and 19th March 2021
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment only.
The Mortimer Federation of St. John’s and St. Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, along with other relevant employment checks.
The Mortimer Federation of St. John's and St. Mary's
- English primary schools