International School Brunei is seeking a new Executive Principal. The school has been providing high quality education to international and local students for over 50 years and, as a not-for-profit school, is governed by an elected Board. With two campuses, and plans for future development, its main campus is a state-of-the-art teaching and learning areas, including extensive arts and sports facilities.
Founded in 1964, ISB has grown into one of the pre-eminent inclusive international schools in South-East Asia. Nestled between extensive rain forest and the South China Sea, Brunei is termed the “Green Heart of Borneo’ with good reason; its clean air and unspoilt environment make for an extremely family-friendly environment. Educational standards within the school are high, based around an adapted English National Curriculum, IGCSE’s and the IB Diploma. Wider curriculum choice, innovation and enrichment help all to strive towards our ‘Everyone Excels’ motto by offering choice and the opportunity to develop each person’s uniqueness.
At the present time, student roll stands at 1200, with 42 different nationalities. Staff, including support staff, number over 200, with the two main faculty countries of origin being UK and New Zealand, together with a further 13 nationalities from all around the world.
The role becomes vacant in August 2021 and our new Executive Principal should have experience of working happily and successfully in all, or with, most of the following:
• an all-through (PK-13) educational setting as a Head of School or Principal
• a diverse student and staff body
• a school with an inclusive admissions and teaching and learning ethos
• a fast-moving educational environment
• the life of a residential/boarding section
• a school which expects the highest standards from all members of its community but offers compassion, understanding and support at all times
• an institution which develops, promotes and has implemented innovative educational ideas and practices
• an institution which pursues holistic education and/or values-based education, fitting our ‘Everyone Excels’ ethos
You will have qualified teacher status, excellent interpersonal skills, rapid and well-developed decision-making abilities, clear and evidenced leadership qualities, together with a positive can-do attitude and real determination to succeed. Flexibility and adaptability, high level organisational skills and an eye for detail are also pre-requisites. A good sense of humour would sometimes be useful!
International School Brunei - Bandar Seri
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
International School Brunei was established in 1964, as a non-profit organisation with a Board of Directors to oversee the development of the school - a status that exists to this day. In 2015 the school moved to a brand new 22 acre site on the outsk...