Do you have the vision, passion and rigour to lead one of London’s most high-profile all-through schools?
We are looking for an inspirational Executive Principal to lead Isaac Newton Academy through the next chapter in its history. You will be a creative and tenacious leader who will help us to continue to get great results throughout the whole school. You will hold exceptionally high expectations for all pupils and make sure they are given every opportunity to succeed.
Isaac Newton Academy is a non-denominational, non-selective school, welcoming students of all backgrounds from the local community. The secondary school opened in 2012 with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students and it will grow, year on year, to become an 11-18 academy of 1250 students with specialist status in mathematics and music. In 2014 the primary phase of the academy opened to 90 reception-aged pupils. This too will grow each year, until full in September 2020. Our school was graded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2014.
There is much to be proud of and as we enter the next phase of our development, we need to build on these successes and embrace future challenges.
This is an exciting and challenging role which offers:
- The opportunity to make a significant impact and ensure a lasting legacy
- A highly competitive salary package and unrivalled professional development
- The unwavering support of an experienced Regional Director and the Ark network
- The chance to work with a vibrant and enthusiastic cohort of students
- Partnership with a forward-thinking governing body and active Chair who sponsored the school
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of our secondary curriculum across the entire Ark network
We know that great schools need great senior leaders, which is why we are always keen to hear from people who share our belief that an excellent education is central to transforming lives.
Ideal candidates will:
- Have a very clear understanding of what makes a great school and the skills and character required to develop this
- Evidence of effective leadership at a whole school level
- Be a great teacher themselves. As a leader of teaching, we are looking for someone who really knows what great learning looks like in the classroom and how to achieve it
- Be fully aligned with Ark’s values and six pillars
- Be committed to supporting practices that will drive great progress in Ark’s London hub and across the wider network of Ark schools
In return, you will work with an experienced SLT and will be given the opportunity to broaden and develop your skills. We are committed to providing staff with high-quality and regular professional development.
To apply please go to: arkina.our-careers.co.uk
Closing date: 10am Wednesday 24 October
First stage interview: Monday 29 October
Second stage: Wednesday 14 November
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.