Nanwai King’s College School has been formed through partnership between the highly successful Chinese education management group, Dipont Education, and the prestigious King’s College School, Wimbledon. A third partner in Wuxi is Nanjing Foreign Language School (Nanwai), one of China’s leading schools. At capacity, the whole school will serve over 3,100 students from 3 to 18 years of age.
Due to the retirement of the current Executive Principal in 2022, the Board will be appointing a new Executive Principal to lead Nanwai King's from August 2022 through its next stage of development.
About the School
Nanwai King’s College School opened in September 2018 and is anticipated to reach just under 2,000 students in September 2021. Remarkable numbers that are testament to the quality of the project, its exciting vision and the support of partners, parents and the wider community.
The facilities at Nanwai King’s College School Wuxi are outstanding. We have successfully developed an educational environment that makes the most of our world-class campus and combines the best of Chinese and international approaches to learning and academic excellence, in a context of first-rate pastoral support and opportunities to excel outside the classroom.
In a short space in time, our students, who are mostly Chinese, have embraced the holistic style of education and inquiry-based pedagogy employed, which is very different from the traditional offering at local schools. Every student is involved in co-curricular activities in areas of music and performing arts, service, sports or creative endeavours.
Our exceptional staff contribute significantly to the co-curricular programme, pastoral and house systems and demonstrate great commitment to the students in their care. An excellent CPD programme is available at the school that includes professional development workshops on a range of topics.
Our academic programme includes a blend of Chinese and international curricula leading to IGCSE, A Level or the IB Diploma.
About the Role
Accountable to the Board of Governors, the Executive Principal has overall responsibility for the management of all personnel - ensuring harmonious and collaborative working practices throughout the campus. This is achieved through:
- Visionary leadership and the effective management of a senior leadership team comprising of heads for each educational section (kindergarten, primary, secondary and international schools) and various pastoral, boarding and administrative staff.
- Fostering an ongoing culture of professional development for both Chinese and expatriate educators throughout the campus.
- Working closely with the Chinese Principal in order to respond effectively to Chinese cultural expectations and to ensure all government requirements are fulfilled.
- Respecting the high academic standards achieved by King’s College School, Wimbledon and Nanjing Foreign Language School (Nanwai) and emulating their success within Nanwai King’s College School.
This exciting, challenging and high-level role commands a very attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with a position of this seniority.
In addition to a highly competitive salary, benefits include: high quality housing, business class flights, bonus scheme and medical insurance for employee plus dependents. Full tuition support will be provided for any successful applicant with school age children. The position will be offered on an initial three-year contract term with renewal thereafter.
Applications are invited from candidates with:
- Significant previous school leadership experience in managing large, prestigious schools and the vision to drive the school forward.
- The ability to view the campus as one entity and be highly visible and accessible in his/her management style.
- Excellent professional presence and well-developed people skills.
- The ability to innovate and inspire.
- A passion for international educational development.
With a history dating back more than 3000 years, Wuxi is one of the major cities in Jiangsu province. Traditionally a canal town, it is a thriving city economically and developing further at a rapid pace with a resident population of around 6 million. Located only 45 minutes by train from Shanghai, it benefits from being part of the economic hub in East China but retains a sense of its long and rich history. The Taihu New City development is in Binhu District, an area that preserves the historic character of canal-front public spaces, lake scenery and open parkland with high quality residential, business, retail and recreational facilities. Local government has also moved to the Binhu District, and the city’s infrastructure, beautiful parks and recreational areas around the school are excellent and an easy place to live for families and single teachers alike.
To submit an application or for further information, please contact email@example.com
School website: www.nkcswx.cn
Nanwai King's College School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Opened in September 2018, Nanwai King's College School's mission is to educate well-rounded young men and women who will make a positive contribution to society. We support each pupil to reach his or her full potential through the foundation of ...