The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The most recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced specialist EAL teacher who will be an excellent classroom practitioner, and be willing to support the Director of Student Services and the Student Services team.
The Specialist EAL teacher will have responsibility for:
- promoting the teaching and learning of English as an additional language across the school;
- raising the achievement of EAL students particularly in KS2, KS3 and the GCSE years;
- delivering EAL support and intervention programs in the Senior School and KS2;
- teaching students in small groups, in cross-curricula class settings and through 1:1 interventions;
- fostering the development of strategies to support the value of home languages across the school;
- undertaking assessment and placement tests for admissions and new student referrals;
- maintaining EAL student tracking data and reviews;
- continuing to develop the school’s EAL resources that support best practice and current research;
- providing support and guidance to staff, students and parents.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- have a professional EAL qualification;
- have experience of teaching the English National Curriculum;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department for Education;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- believe in the values of international and inter-culturalism in an educational context;
- work collaboratively with the Director of Student Services;
- manage EAL provision, provide teacher support and initiate EAL focussed extra curricula activities;
- have an excellent understanding of the assessment and provision for EAL students.
To apply, please follow the link: https://inteachers.net/job/556 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines;
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 7th December 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa