Foxfield Primary School is situated on the borders of Plumstead and Woolwich and has a Designated Special Provision (DSP) for children with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) called The Harbour. As a fully inclusive school, our provision supports children, both in mainstream classes and in the specialist unit. Foxfield is an Outstanding school and is part of the Inspire Partnership. Additionally, the DSP provides extensive ASD training opportunities and outreach support across the Inspire Partnership.
This is a very unique opportunity to work within an Outstanding DSP for children with ASD and join our highly specialist team and our group of children who are enthusiastic and energetic learners. The Harbour opened 3 years ago at Foxfield Primary School and has grown into a highly regarded provision across the country. The Harbour leads a life skills centered curriculum where independence, communication and sensory integration are the heart of everything we achieve.
We are seeking a flexible and experienced ASD Learning Support Assistant for the DSP provision within our innovative and inclusive school.
We are looking for candidates that are:
- Energetic, positive, enthusiastic with the ability to work within a close team with positive communication and flexibility.
- Highly resilient- exceptional behaviour management skills, highly flexible and calm.
- Independent with high levels of initiative.
- Committed to CPD as well as the ability to support training and develop mainstream staff and support ASD pupils within the School and the Inspire Partnership
- Able to motivate, inspire and enthuse others and have a positive growth mindset.
- Willing to work closely and build positive relationships with all parents/carers, other schools and other agencies.
- Want to grow, learn and be enthusiastic to take on new challenges, lead new interventions and experience unique opportunities.
In addition, you will need to:
- Be a creative and highly positive practitioner with knowledge, skills and extensive experience of pupils with Autism. Extensive experience of working with children with ASD and challenging behaviour is essential.
- Have exceptional levels of emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes.
- Develop and sustain a highly effective specialist provision for students with ASD.
- Maintain and model high standards of practice in the field of ASD by supporting staff in understanding the needs of pupils with ASD and similar social, communication issues.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange an informal visit, please contact the school office on 020 3260 7500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please download the application pack from www.foxfield.org.uk
Foxfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a full DBS disclosure and checks regarding proof of ID, medical clearance and the right to work in the UK.
To arrange an informal visit, please contact the school office on 020 3260 7500 or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 9 December 2016
Shortlisting: Monday 12 December 2016
Interviews: Week beginning 12 December 2016