(SEN Experience Essential)
We are looking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant who has the passion, experience and skills to work successfully on a 1-2-1 basis with children with identified needs. You must be able to build positive relationships with children with high needs which may include ADHD, ASD, Behaviour and Dyslexia and commit to work to a learning programme which will include indoor and outdoor learning.
You will work alongside other support staff members, our teaching staff and senior leadership team members in a fast changing working environment as well as being committed to the overall objectives in our School Improvement Plan.
The successful applicants will need to have:
- A passion and desire to work with pupils to reach their full potential including those with special needs
- A resilient and positive approach to challenging situations and strategies to re-engage pupils effectively
- The ability to support children in whole school activities (playground duty/trips)
- Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- The ability to show initiative and work constructively as part of the playground team
- Good organisation, communication and interpersonal skills to ensure the consistent delivery of agreed, bespoke support.
- A minimum qualification of Level 3 in Childcare is desirable (or equivalent qualification) or have an good understanding of the importance of lesson planning, IEPs and learning objectives which contribute towards the progression in learning for all our pupils.
Working hours are expected to be 8.30am – 4.00pm Monday-Friday and includes INSET Days, although the ability to take part in extracurricular activities would be of interest to the school.
All posts within Penwortham are expected to contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school and a willingness to participate in training and other learning activities as required.
An application pack, including a job description and person specification can be found and downloaded below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Completed application forms should be return to the school ideally by email to: email@example.com; or by post to: Penwortham Primary School, Penwortham Road, Streatham, London SW16 6RJ.
Closing Date: 25 April 2019 (at noon)
Interviews: 03 April 2019
Early applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy should a suitable applicant be found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
CV’s will not be accepted.