Extended Care Manager
· Closing Date: 4th June 2018 (5 pm)
· Interview Date(s): Week beginning: 4th June 2018
· Contract/Hours: Permanent, full-time
· Salary Type: Support Staff
· Salary Details: Grade 7 Point 22 – 25 £21,074 to £23,111 FTE
· Hours of Work:
Term-time: 22.5 hours a week 2 pm to 6.30 pm Monday to Friday (38 weeks a year)
School Holidays: 37 hours a week –working between 7.45 am to 6.30pm (timing of hours/days to be agreed 14 weeks a year)
(52 week contract – 20 days holiday per year. Notice period for termination of employment will be in line with school terms and teacher notice periods)
· Start Date: As soon as possible
· Location of Role: School
· Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
We are looking for an efficient and enthusiastic member of staff to join our school as an Extended Care Manager for our Breakfast Club and after-school wrap around care provision. You will be responsible for the overall management of the extended care facility and its staff team.
Duties will include:
- To plan and provide care and creative play opportunities in consultation with children, and in accordance with childcare legislation, health and safety and the school’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that children’s individual needs are recognised and met, and to follow all school policies and procedures for managing behaviour. .
- To be responsible for ensuring that all county Safeguarding Children policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies.
- To supervise and organise the extended care assistants and Breakfast Club manager, ensuring they are effectively deployed and offer appropriate care and support to the children.
- To contribute to the recruitment and induction of staff and to staff appraisals.
- To manage staff rotas and organise day to day cover if required of all extended care staff.
- To work closely with the school office to produce accurate registers and to contribute to other associated administration tasks.
The River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools' community.
The River Learning Trust (RLT) is a multi-academy trust responsible for a number of schools and a school centred initial teacher training provider within Oxfordshire. The schools and SCITT are united by their commitment to the principles of the trust and a common belief in the benefits of everything that is gained by working together.
• Commitment to Excellence; striving for the best educational experience
• Everyone Learning; creating and taking opportunities that enhance lives
• Respectful Relationships; acting with care, integrity, and fairness in all we do
Visits to the school are warmly welcome and actively encouraged. Please call 01993 842372 to arrange a visit and for any further information.
Applications will need to be sent through to the school office by the closing date of 4th June (5pm) please use the application form provided on this website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for one to be emailed to you.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information about the school please visit our website on http://www.edith-moorhouse.oxon.sch.uk/