We are seeking to appoint an additional person to join our Extended Day Team, caring for pupils in the Prep School. The hours of work will be 3.20pm to 5.20pm each evening, during term time only (35.4 weeks per annum). The post is for a total of 41 weeks, which includes all term-time days, staff training days and 5.6 weeks holiday per annum (which includes public and bank holidays).
NVQ Level 2 or 3 would be desirable but not essential.
The following qualities are essential:
- You must be a first rate practitioner who has a real passion and enthusiasm for the role and the pupils in your care.
- You must be committed to treating each child as an individual.
- You must be able to work as part of a team, in a supportive, caring and friendly manner.
At St Joseph’s we offer:
- A safe and happy environment in which academic and social skills are developed.
- A varied curriculum and excellent facilities.
- A strong sense of community.
- An excellent benefits package as outlined in the information pack.
This is an exciting time to become part of our dynamic team. Situated in the heart of Reading, St Joseph’s College is the leading independent day school for boys and girls aged 3 to 18 in Berkshire. In November 2015 it was named Independent School of the Year, in July 2016 it won the Outstanding Progress Award in the independent sector at the Education Business Awards and in November 2016 it received the Outstanding Leadership Team award at the Leadership Awards.
For us, success is about more than just exam results or awards. We celebrate each pupil as an individual, and aspire for them to leave St Joseph’s as mature and confident citizens, ready to tackle life head on with energy and vigour.
The successful candidate will be fully supportive of the College Catholic tradition and ethos.
For further details about the school please visit our website www.sjcr.org.uk or contact the Headmaster’s PA.
Applicants for these posts need to complete the application form and return it together with a covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively send by post to Mrs Gravenor, Headmaster’s PA, at the address below. Electronic application is encouraged and preferred.
St Joseph’s College, Upper Redlands Road, Reading RG1 5JT | 0118 966 1000
Closing date: Noon, Monday 30 July 2018