Inherited from the 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has over 20 years of experience in education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
The Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (HILA) Chongqing is located in the Liangjiang New Area of Chongqing, providing world class K-12 bilingual education to students aged 2 to 18 years old on an outstanding campus designed for both day students and boarders. Our school is planned to open in September 2020.
Central to our educational ethos is a commitment to foster the values of ‘Courage’, ‘Honour’, ‘Humility’ and ‘Fellowship’ in our students. Beyond outstanding academic outcomes, Harrow’s holistic education nurtures in our students a strong Chinese foundation with a global outlook through a unique bilingual curriculum that distilled the 450 years of educational excellence of Harrow School with the wisdom and traditions of Chinese culture.
We are seeking high performing staff for posts commencing in August 2020. Successful applicants are offered two year renewable contracts with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements
· Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
· Minimum two years’ teaching experience
· Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England (Plus IGCSE/GCSE and/or A Levels as appropriate)
· Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
· A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
· Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
· Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
· Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
· A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
· A clean International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with children
How to apply
· Please click on the 'Apply on school website' button below in order to complete our online application form
Sunday, 24 November 2019 at midnight GMT (early applications encouraged as shortlisting / interviews will be held on a rolling basis)
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All appointments are conditional on:
· Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all countries in which you have worked
· Appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee
All enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership for a better world