About the role: Cherry Pips Nursery, part of Cherry Orchard Primary Academy, is seeking to appoint a suitably experienced EYFS Assistant to join our new nursery and school which successfully opened in September 2017. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Early Years practitioners to join a newly formed team who will be responsible for providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children from 3 years old. Working in the Nursery setting and Key Stage 1, you will be able to work with a range of our pupils and staff alike. We are looking for an excellent practitioner who will be expected to provide high quality, flexible childcare for families. Our successful applicant will have a Level 3 Qualification in Childcare.
The working basis for this role is 37.5 hours per week during Term Time plus 3 additional weeks during school closure periods. We are a collaborative and welcoming team and will provide great support for our new addition to the group!
We are looking for someone demonstrates the following:
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Childcare
- Previous, recent experience in a similar setting
- Being independent and able to work under pressure
- Excellent communicator at all levels
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT Academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
Working for the Academy: Cherry Pips Nursery is part of Cherry Orchards Primary Academy, a new two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017. The academy admits a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6, and initially opened with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. We are now expanding into Year 4 for September 2019.
The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for 26 pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy will be the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Click here for a glimpse of what life is like working for Leigh Academies Trust and why we're so proud of what we do.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.