About the role: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is seeking to appoint a suitably experienced EYFS Assistant to join our school as soon as possible. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced practitioner to join the team, with the responsibility of providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children in Year R. Working in the Key Stage 1 setting, you will be able to work with a range of our pupils and staff alike. We are looking for an excellent practitioner who will be expected to provide high quality, flexible childcare for families. Come and join a collaborative, supportive and welcoming team!
The working basis for this role is 32.5 hours per week, Term Time + 1 week inset. For more information, please consult the Job Description by clicking here.
We are looking for someone demonstrates the following:
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Childcare
- Previous, recent experience in a similar setting
- Being independent and able to work under pressure
- Excellent communicator at all levels
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to help shape our future by joining a LAT Academy
- A school community committed to raising achievement and attainment
- A stunning environment with modern building, excellent resources and facilities
- A strong commitment to support professional development opportunities
- A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team
Working for the academy: Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is a new two-form entry primary academy for students between the ages of 3 to 11 that opened in September 2017. The academy admits a maximum of 60 children into each year between Reception and Year 6 having initially opened with places available in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. We have continued to expand into Year 4 from September 2019 and will be taking on additional classes over the coming months and years, hence these exciting new teaching roles have materialised.
The academy enjoys brand new facilities, a nursery for pre-school age children, and a small centre for children with speech, communication and language needs. At the heart of Ebbsfleet Garden City, Cherry Orchard Primary Academy is the focal point of this brand new community, providing local families with an outstanding educational facility.
At Cherry Orchard Primary Academy we will:
- Inspire and engage our children so they develop a lifelong love of learning
- Deliver a quality, inclusive education so all children are able to achieve to their full potential
- Create a learning environment where children feel safe and happy so are confident and enthused to ‘have a go’
- Ensure that all children feel valued and celebrate their success at every opportunity
- Provide learning experiences that include challenge for all, producing resilient and highly motivated learners
- Have a consistent, focused approach to managing behaviour, safeguarding, pastoral support and embedding British Values across all year groups
- Create a culture where staff work collaboratively as part of the wider team, sharing ideas and good practice and offering support to others.
Being part of the Leigh Academies Trust: Being part of a successful multi-academy trust allows the academy to share best practice and collaborate with colleagues from a number of other schools in the local area. As part of the 'cluster' structure all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff better access to career opportunities as the Trust is committed to developing and promoting from within wherever possible. We also want the Trust to be an organisation where people can enjoy teaching and become the type of teacher they aspire to be. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Leigh Academies Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. This is for all senior, teaching and support staff appointments. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interview activities may vary. We will still conduct face to face interviews where possible, and will abide by social distancing protocols such as no hand-shaking, using large meeting rooms, etc. Candidates will be given the option to interview via online video if you cannot attend in person - this can be discussed if your application is shortlisted. If you have any queries or concerns, please get in touch with the LAT Talent Team - email@example.com.