Dates: Job start - August 2019
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) is one of the leading international schools in Kuala Lumpur offering contemporary British international education to students from Pre-Nursery through to Sixth Form.
Our school values developing the whole child- academically, pastorally and socially with the principles of Positive Education underpinning our approach. With the child at the centre of our decision making we believe that we are best-placed to offer an outstanding education for all students in our care.
BSKL has been graded as excellent in all areas of educational provision by the Independent Schools Inspectorate, and is a member of Nord Anglia Education offering numerous opportunities for professional growth. Through our evidence-based Professional Learning Pathways we are at the forefront of new thinking in the classroom, ensuring that our teachers have all the tools to provide for outstanding teaching and learning.
At Nord Anglia Education, we work every day to inspire our students, schools and employees to be the best they can be and we are ambitious for them all to achieve more than they thought possible in their personal, social and academic endeavours. Within our family of schools, this aspiration is underpinned by a commitment to always act with respect, integrity, openness and courage. These qualities are the foundation of how we approach our work and roles within Nord Anglia Education and are shared by everyone in our global family.
To begin in August 2019, we require a dedicated, forward-thinking EYFS Teacher to create the very best learning experiences for our children. There is the possibility of an additional leadership role for suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
Suitable candidates for this post will:
- Hold a good Honours Degree.
- Hold a UK-recognised teaching qualification (PGCE or similar).
- Have experience and excellent knowledge of teaching the English National Curriculum. A minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience is essential.
- Understand and be able to articulate what constitutes outstanding classroom practice.
- Want to play an active role in the co-curricular life of a busy international school.
- Possess the ambition, enthusiasm and can-do attitude to want to play a key role in shaping and developing an outstanding school.
We will provide:
- An excellent salary.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- Up to two full school scholarships for children
- School payments into the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) from day one
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
Opportunities exist for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of Nord Anglia Education. Access to our e-learning platform, Nord Anglia University, and exclusive collaborations with world leading organisations such as The Juilliard School, MIT and King’s College London will give you the opportunities to advance at every stage of your career.
Applications must be submitted via the school website.
The closing date is Sunday 17 February 2019, although early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
Initial Interviews will be held via Skype, with shortlisting interviews held via Skype or in person, depending on where the candidate is located.
Nord Anglia Education schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS.
Please browse our website https://britishschool.edu.my/ to find out more about the school.
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur:
No 1 Changkat Bukit Utama, Bandar Utama,
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, 47800 Malaysia
+60 3 7727 7775