Maternity cover until 31st August 2019 with the possibility of extension.
Cidari Education and the Governing Body of Great Marsden St John’s Primary School are seeking to recruit an experienced and inspirational teacher to join our existing team on a fixed term basis, to cover maternity leave in Reception class. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to become a key player in a vibrant primary Academy at an exciting part of its school improvement journey. Recently achieving outstanding in all areas in our SIAMS inspection, we are an exciting one form entry Church of England primary Academy on the outskirts of Nelson and a member of Cidari Multi Academy Trust within the Diocese of Blackburn.
Our Academy Mission Statement says that;
Using Jesus’ example we aim to give our children ‘the roots to grow and the wings to fly’.
Is this an ethos that you could be fully committed to? Then you might be just who we are looking for.
We can offer you:
- All teachers benefit from personalised pathways of CPD, such as the Outstanding Teacher Programme, peer support and coaching. If you join us, you will be working in an academy that is high performing and offers great rapid career development and leadership opportunities across the trust
- Enthusiastic and well-motivated pupils who are proud of their academy and keen to learn
- An innovative and progressive academy.
- A caring and Christian ethos that recognises the value of all
- An environment that supports ideas and creativity
- A supportive Local Governing Committee and parents who are united in their commitment to school development
- Motivated and experienced Governing Body and central Trust team
- A comfortable staff room with refreshment facilities
- Benefits to support work-life balance, including childcare vouchers, access to employee support, and a generous pension scheme
Can you offer us:
- A genuine interest in supporting our journey to develop and enhance our academy
- A deep understanding of how learning occurs?
- A commitment to upholding the Christian Ethos of our Academy?
- The ability to guide children’s learning in early reading and phonics?
- Ability to understand and fulfil your responsibilities in respect of class teaching and raising standards?
- A current knowledge of the National Curriculum combined with key progression knowledge for learning in Mathematics and Literacy?
- A range of assessment techniques to accelerate pupil progress and attainment and the ability to articulate these?
- A commitment to continuing professional development?
- An interest in positively promoting our Academy’s and the Trust’s vison and values?
- A commitment to creating a positive and safe learning environment for all pupils in our Academy?
- Develop and enhance our relationships with all of our parents and partners?
If so we would like to hear from you.
We are a welcoming and dedicated team at Great Marsden St John's. Our children are happy and motivated and eager to learn. If you think you can bring fresh energy to our team and are committed to excellence in learning for all children, then please apply.
Visits to the School are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the Headteacher, Mrs Underwood - 01282 615055.
Application forms and supporting information are available from this page and returnable to Lisa Burke, Business Support Officer:
Miss Lisa Burke, Cidari Education, Walker Park, Blackburn, BB1 2QE
Tel: 01254 958888 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th November
Short listing on Tuesday 27th November
Interviews and observations will take place on Week commencing Monday 3rd December
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.