The governing body of St Mary’s CE School wishes to appoint a class teacher to start in September 2018 (we welcome applications from NQT’s and experienced teachers). St Mary’s is a small single form entry school which reflects the warm and diverse community of Lewisham.
We have a vacancy for a teacher to come and join our passionate and dedicated staff team. St Mary’s has a strong commitment to inclusive practice, our school values and Christian Ethos. We have creative and enthusiastic children who are resilient and eager to learn, alongside a caring and friendly family environment which is fully supported by our Governing Body and our parents. This is an excellent opportunity to further your professional and personal development in a forward thinking and positive school.
We are looking for:
An outstanding practitioner to join our Early Year's team who is passionate about teaching and learning and is keen to lead, inspire and motivate staff to achieve the highest possible standards.
• Will create a vibrant learning environment (inside and outside) which inspires the children to lead their learning
• Will help to take our school and its pupils to be the very best they can be
• Is creative and enjoys teaching through an engaging and exciting curriculum
• Enjoys and thrives on challenge
• Has the patience and commitment to ensure our pupils achieve
• Builds and maintains strong relationships rooted in respect, empathy and friendship
• Is committed to the Early Years principles of supporting each child as a unique learner, developing their independence, investigation and risk taking through play
St Mary's CE Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, overseas checks and receipt of satisfactory references.
Original evidence of right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Equal Opportunities Statement
St Mary's CE Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
For further details
Please contact the school on
0208 690 2613
You are welcome to download the application pack from the Lewisham /Jobs go-public websites or alternately email firstname.lastname@example.org for a pack to be sent out to you.
CV's will not be accepted.
References will be requested for those shortlisted prior to interview.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
Closing Date: 12 noon Tuesday 22/05/2018
Interviews: Friday 25/05/2018