EYFS/KS1 or KS2 Class Teacher (with the possibility of a TLR for Core Subject Leadership)
Edith Neville Primary School is the community primary school of Somers Town in the London Borough of Camden. It is a one-form entry school with a nursery. The school serves a local very diverse community and is highly inclusive. The Governing Body works closely with the Senior Leadership Team and committed staff. The school prides itself on encouraging aspiration, supporting every child according to his or her needs, setting high standards and nurturing wellbeing. It has a newly established Family Centre working alongside the school to empower parents to support their children's learning and overall development.
The school is adjacent to St Pancras International and King's Cross Central, and we are building relationships with many of its cultural and educational neighbours to enhance curriculum activities and quality of life.
This summer, after an extensive period of planning and design, Edith Neville embarked on the construction of a completely new school building on its current site. It will continue to work closely with Camden on this exciting project which is scheduled to complete in 2019.
Start Date: September 2018 (or earlier)
Salary: MPS salary circa £27,543 – 37,119 dependent on experience (with a TLR for core subject leadership)
Contract type: Full Time
We seek someone who is:
• An inspirational teacher, ensuring all children achieve
• A passionate believer in inclusive education
• An excellent, enthusiastic classroom practitioner, across the Primary age range
• An innovative thinker, learner and problem solver
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of fun
• NQTs are actively encouraged to apply
As a school we offer:
• A strong, cohesive and highly effective senior leadership and governing body
• A thriving, friendly and vibrant school community, one in which every child really
• A committed and supportive staff team who work together with energy and enjoyment
• An amazing sense of community across parents, volunteers and all stakeholders
• An opportunity to develop your leadership skills and a commitment to your continuous
• A state of the art new school building due in 2019
For more information and an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Midnight on Monday 22nd January
Shortlisting to take place on Tuesday 23rd January
Interviews to be held the week of the 29th January
This position is subject to satisfactory references and to checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Edith Neville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including an enhanced disclosure check will be undertaken on all applicants.