We are looking for an experienced and passionate EYFS Teacher to join our team for the next academic year commencing from September 2021
When you join GEMS Education, you join an international educational organisation with a global network of international schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes whilst ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest possible calibre of staff.
About the School:
We are based in the clean and secure environment of Madinaty City which is located to the east of Cairo - very convenient for Shorouk, Rehab, Nasr City and Heliopolis and with excellent transport links to the city centre.
The British system has been available in Egypt for many years and its traditional, structured and disciplined approach is well-understood by many parents. In recent years the curriculum has been widened to add an international dimension so that children at the school will gain a deeper understanding of other cultures.
The key features of the British Curriculum which make it so suitable for schools outside of the UK still remain as always;
• The curriculum is taught in English
• There is always an emphasis on understanding and questioning as well as just knowing
• Social skills are an integral part of the curriculum
• There is regular externally verified testing to give a reliable measure of progress
• IGCSE and A level examinations at the end of the process are internationally accepted for entry to universities all over the world
The successful applicant will have:
A passion for providing outstanding teaching and driven to provide education at an exceptional level. Teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent.
Experience of teaching in a UK curriculum school.
Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Should hold a valid passport from Egypt.
- References, Criminal background check
- Below 65 years of age
The British International School Madinaty
Madinaty, Cairo, Egypt
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 14 years