We are currently recruiting for a passionate teaching assistant to work in our nursery setting in rural Cheshire.
For those passionate about early years, you will visit our Early Years setting and never want to leave. It is simply breathtaking! We are situated on beautiful grounds with buildings, which are purpose built for the early years. Our children play indoors and outdoors, in our large sand space, in the woodland or taking care of our pony and chickens...
We are seeking an outstanding early years educator who understands the importance of providing a safe, secure, healthy and stimulating environment for our youngest learners. Someone who understands how to nurture a young child’s need to explore, investigate and who will encourage their sense of wonder. We are looking for an experienced educator who understands the importance of positive relationships, high quality interactions and rich opportunities for play.
You must be qualified to at least level 3 in Early Years / Childcare.
The role is 5 days per week 8.00am - 4.30pm, term time only. However, it would be beneficial if you could work some days in our holiday club, which would be additional to your salary.
• Minimum of 5 years experience of working with children aged 2-4 years in a nursery/private day care setting as a practitioner.
• A relevant early years/childcare qualification at Level 3 or above.
• Strong knowledge of the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) and experience using Tapestry or another online learning journal would be an advantage.
• An excellent understanding of safeguarding / knowledge of child protection procedures.
• Good communication skills, approachable, confident and caring with a passion for working with nursery children.
• Excellent team player and someone who understands the importance of positive relationships with colleagues.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of high-quality childcare and education then please apply today. We'd love to hear from you!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of this process, all successful applicants are required to apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Monday 12th April 2021 (applications will be viewed once submitted and the school reserves the right to interview early for the right candidate).
Interviews - Week beginning 19th April 2021
Terra Nova School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 13 years