British Council School Madrid
2,000 pupils|2-18 years|Co-Educational|BSO, NABSS
British Council School Madrid is seeking to appoint an inspiring, caring and dedicated professional to the position of EYFS Teaching Assistant, to contribute to the continued success of an "Outstanding School" as assessed by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) Inspection in 2015 and 2018. We are looking to cover a full-time position with a permanent contract to start as soon as possible, ideally during January 2020.
About the British Council School - Madrid, Spain
Our 2,000 pupils aged 2 to 18, and 200 strong staff team are extremely proud to be part of our welcoming, vibrant and successful community. We are a thriving, co-educational day school with superb facilities set on a large, well linked, modern campus in Madrid. The school is part of the prestigious British Council and its international network, which provides us with excellent opportunities to participate in cultural activities across the world.
British Council School Madrid is an "Outstanding School", as assessed by the British School Overseas (BSO) Inspection. We are particularly delighted to be the first British school in Spain to receive the highest rating of 'Outstanding' in all areas of the BSO Inspection.
Our Early Years Section has almost 400 students from Pre-Nursery to Reception. Year 1 is housed in the Early Years building. The Primary School is an 800 pupil, six form entry school. The children follow the English National Curriculum and Spanish National Curriculum. We provide children with a unique, bilingual and bicultural education. A holistic approach to teaching and learning is delivered through a broad and inspiring curriculum. Learning is rich, varied and highly valued. Our dedicated team of creative and collaborative professionals help pupils to become future global citizens through instilling our core values of loyalty, caring, resilience, challenge and flexibility. These values are deeply embedded in all that we do; from our approach to learning, relationships and aspirations held for our pupils, ourselves and one another. High levels of pastoral care are achieved through our vertical Family System, which we believe enables our pupils to be the best that they can be.
Annual cohorts of over 130 students achieve outstanding results at IGCSE level in Year 11. Our students go on to achieve continued success at Sixth Form, through the BiBac (Bilingual Spanish Baccalaureate), and then onto leading Universities world-wide (such as Oxford, Cambridge, Yale and Stanford). It is clearly understood that Early Years and Primary education in this school forms the foundation for the outstanding results, academic and personal, that are achieved by our students.
Why Come to Madrid?
Our school is located just 12 kilometres from the heart of Madrid, a vibrant and thriving cosmopolitan city. Our staff has the chance to live and work in a place of great history, culture and cuisine. Opportunities are endless for travel, sport and entertainment, both in the city and country-wide; Spain is one of the top destinations in the world for leisure and holidays.
What do we offer our Staff?
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic, happy and confident children who enjoy learning
- A welcoming and supportive network of colleagues
- Competitive salaries and fee remission for children of staff members
- An extensive welcome, relocation and integration programme to help new teachers and their families settle into Madrid
- Ongoing and robust professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for internal promotions to middle and senior leadership positions. Candidates with experience and aspirations to leadership are encouraged to apply
- Subsidised English or Spanish language courses
- Free annual health check-ups, flu vaccines and private health insurance at a reduced rate
- Discounted meals in our canteen, gym membership and free bus travel to and from school
The successful applicants for this post will have:
- A real desire to live and exemplify our school motto, 'Be the best you can be'
- English to the level of, or a level comparable to, first language communicator
- Ambition, passion and dedication to guide, inspire and challenge young children
- A drive for professional development, continued outstanding practice and challenge
- A good working knowledge of the latest UK practices
- An entitlement to live and work in Spain
Please send the completed British Council Application Form together with an up to date Curriculum Vitae to:
Tel. 00 34 91 337 50 51
The British Council Application Form is enclosed below. Also enclosed are the British Council Behaviours and Core Skills for your reference, and to assist you in filling in the Application Form.