We are looking for a hard working, reliable person to join our early years team as teaching assistant.
Harris Primary Academy Merton is a primary academy for local children aged three to 11. The academy opened in September 2014, and was judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017. Our belief is that children thrive when they are consistently happy and safe at school and that through expert teaching and support all pupils can achieve to a high standard.
What we are looking for:
We would like to hear from you if you are a friendly, motivated, organised person with amazing interpersonal skills who will work closely with the team leader to deliver outstanding provision for our children.
- To assist the delivery of a high quality, accessible early years service for our children in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
- To assist with the implementation of a high quality early years provision at all times, which is evidenced through the Ofsted Inspection Framework.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and other professionals to ensure all children reach their full potential in line with the Every Child Matters Outcomes.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Merton?
- An Ofsted 'Outstanding' school where pupils' achievements are celebrated every day in their lessons
- Children who are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn
- Part of the Harris Federation, sharing best teaching practice with other Harris academies and building on the Federation's proven track record in the borough
- Exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
For more information about the position, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
If you would like to arrange a visit, or if you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Louise Heward-Mills on 020 8679 3707 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.