We are looking for a committed and motivated individual who would like to join our friendly and hardworking team as a teaching assistant working within EYFS. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced teaching assistant or someone seeking professional development. The post is full time but will accommodate any requirements for release if studying. West Town Primary Academy is a vibrant and happy place to work where all of the staff are dedicated to the support of our fantastic and eager to learn children.
The role will require the successful candidate to provide general classroom support as well as focused provision for pupils with SEND. Previous experience of working with children with an Autistic Spectrum Condition would be beneficial
The ideal candidate will be able to work under the direction of the class teacher and SENDco to:
• work with small groups of children to support their learning and deliver set interventions as required.
• deliver specific one to one, or one to two sessions with children to help them progress through their personalised programmes of study.
• contribute to the wider life of the academy.
• encourage and promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children.
We are looking for someone who:
• is committed to helping all children succeed
• has a good understanding of how to support children with additional needs including SEND and EAL
• has experience of supporting children with an Autistic Spectrum Condition and Speech, Language and Communication Needs
• is kind, friendly and understanding
• Is able to act on their own initiative
• can form positive and caring relationships with children which motivates them to learn, grow and be confident
• demonstrates excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning
• is a good team player who is willing to commit time and enthusiasm to our wider team
• is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work
We can offer you:
• Training for your role as appropriate to your needs and career aspirations including potential to pursue teacher training at a later date if required.
• A friendly, supportive and positive team to work in
• The chance to teach in our state of the art building
• Regular TA training in house
West Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To find out more about the post and the future vision for the academy please ask to speak to Sarah Baxter, Assistant Principal or to arrange a visit, Helen Buckley, Office Manager on 01733 852400.
For application details visit our website at www.westtownprimary.org
The closing date for applications is 12pm 23rd September September 2021 and interview will be held on Thursday 30th September 2021.
West Town Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years