We are looking for a confident Administrator, ideally with experience of working within a similar role either within a school environment and / or within a health & safety environment.
Part time 15 hrs per week, all year round
Hours to be worked over a minimum of 3 days with precise hours to be discussed and agreed
Reporting to, and working closing with the Head of Estates & Facilities, the Facilities Administrator will be responsible for departmental administration including supporting with Health & Safety compliance.
We are looking for someone with excellent administration skills, who is particularly confident in Excel, organised, accurate and flexible. Working with both internal and external contacts, the ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and be happy to assist others, with a positive and approachable manner. An understanding and genuine interest in Health & Safety legislation and processes would be advantageous.
• Provide administrative support to the Head of Estates & Facilities as required, particularly in relation to Health & Safety matters and legislative compliance.
• Ensure policies, logbooks, legislative and service and maintenance records are maintained, and that effective filing systems are in place, including inputting and record management.
• Support with carrying out research in relation to contractor and supplier information, making enquiries and placing orders as appropriate.
• Assist in handling general enquiries, including the logging and monitoring of enquires and requests, ensuring they are actioned in a timely manner.
• Support the Estates Team with carrying out Health & Safety checks.
• Under the direction of the Head of Estates & Facilities, to manage the issuing, returns and logging of DSE (display screen equipment) work station assessments, both for new starters and when requested/ required.
• Attend and minute Health & Safety meetings; produce purchase orders and update annual leave and time sheets.
• Liaise with contractors as directed by the Estates Team and to ensure they are issued with the contractor’s code of conduct prior to works commencing.
• A confident, experienced Administrator with relevant experience gained within a customer focussed environment.
• Ideal candidate will have worked as a Facilities Administrator or within an administration role, which involved Health & Safety practices.
• Must possess a good understanding of Health & Safety practices.
• Experience of maintaining accurate records and checking information to ensure compliance.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain good professional relationships with internal and external contacts
• Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
• Good literacy and numeracy skills with strong accuracy
• Strong team player with a flexible and positive approach and solution focussed attitude
• Ability to work independently as required, showing initiative but equally identifying when to escalate a matter
• Ability to work in a calm and efficient manner even under pressure
• Demonstrates a polite, professional and supportive manner
• Understands the importance of confidentiality and data protection
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
• GCSE or equivalent English and Mathematics Grade C or above
• Customer service / Business Administration qualification
• Current paediatric First Aid Certificate or willingness to undertake
• Evidence of recent Health & Safety training
• Safeguarding training (if worked in similar environment)
• Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
• Group pension scheme
• Employee Assistance programme
• 30 days’ holiday plus paid bank holidays and 3 additional days paid days off between Christmas and New Year (pro-rated for part time)
• Opportunity to gain new skills
• Free parking
• Free school lunch for staff
• Onsite gym
Please complete the Hallfield School application form that can be found under the Vacancies section at www.hallfieldschool.co.uk or by sending a detailed covering letter and CV to email@example.com
For further information please contact Caroline Long, HR Manager on 0121 454 1496 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 10th December (midday)
Hallfield School is a flourishing Prep School, renowned for the quality of its extended curriculum, successes in Sport, the Arts and Academic Excellence, successfully preparing many of its pupils for entry to the highly selective local schools. One o...